Friday, June 13, 2008

29 May 2008: My deployment car finally arrives


Back in February I opened a dialog with BMW Military Sales regarding purchasing a new car. This program offers incredible pricing for military personnel deployed for at least 120 days. At the time, I was still working at places like Camp Ramadi and FOB Warhorse. I placed an order before the end of the month and had a deposit wire transferred. Then the waiting game began. A production date had to be secured (first week of April for mine). Then came the long wait for delivery. It takes a lot of patience but it's worth the wait. In the meantime, I came home from Iraq and became acclimated to being back in the U.S. My hope was that the car would be delivered in time to take a road trip to North Carolina over Memorial Day Weekend. It arrived just days late. Oh well, it was still an incredible feeling to go pick it up. Now I'm riding in style. It is a very nice car. I intend to keep it for a very long time.

No comments: