Tuesday, March 27, 2007

27 March 2007: Mongolian BBQ at the Commando Cafe

Ha! The photo challenge is solved! I will edit some of my previous posts to include images. I'll just leave my comments below "as is" rather than attempting to edit.


First I have to apologize that I don't have any photos. I'm working on it. It's not that I haven't taken any - to the contrary. Once I get back to LSA Anaconda and have access to my own computer I'll be able to upload a few images. Anyway, back to my thoughts for today. About the title? I failed to note that the name of the massive Camp Striker mess hall is "Commando Cafe". It's not exactly original but it is fuckin' awesome. So simply stated, today for lunch I ate in the Mongolian BBQ line at the Commando Cafe. If you are ever passing through Camp Striker make sure you stop by the Commando Cafe for chow. It rocks. I'll see if I can get it posted (with a 5-star rating) in the Michelin Guide.

My team has wrapped up our training for today. We'll spend the rest of the day and evening exploring this massive complex. That means I'll have more to share as a postscript. Stay tuned and don't worry - photos are coming. Later friends!

No comments: