Saturday, March 31, 2007

30 March 2007: Blackhawks over LSAA

LSAA is home to a Combat Support Hospital (commonly referred to as the "cash"). I've visited the place since I've been here to speak with soldiers being treated there. Several times a day the hospital receives inbound medevac Blackhawks. Whenever a pair of medevacs appears overhead it is a solemn occasion. Inbound means casualties. Although we may have a casual attitude about IDF attacks, we always notice the medevacs. Yesterday was a busy day at the Cash. There were a lot of Blackhawks over LSAA.

My day? Big event was briefing my AAR (After Action Review) of the mission to Camp Striker. Then my team did a massive cleaning and organizing of our office. We're fully functional again. It's a lull around here but it won't last long. That's a good thing because the only time this place gets in your head is when you aren't busy. I like being busy.

I must give a shout out to all my friends and cadets back in the Providence College Army ROTC battaliion. It's Military Ball weekend! Damn I'm sorry I'll have to miss this one. I expect a full report. Just keep in mind that I can't run interference with the hotel manager this year. You're all on your own. Try not to get us banned from another hotel ok? Spontaneous fun is what I'm all about. Just use this rule of thumb and you should be good - "What would LTC H do?"

Rock on! Baseball opening day is coming soon - GO SOX!!!

No comments: