Saturday, March 24, 2007

Pre-deployment training part 6

From 9 March 2007 - finally on my way to Iraq:

Greetings All!

This will be a brief update. As you must've guessed by the subject line I'm on my way. I'm writing from Liepzig, Germany, where our contracted airliner stopped for refueling. There's about 300 soldiers on our flight - most of them returning to Iraq from their 2 weeks of R&R. I'm heading up our unit advance party so I've got three other officers with me. I'll arrive in Balad, Iraq on the 10th after an overnight in Kuwait. The rest of the unit will follow in a few days. Once there I will send out my new mailing address. Bottom line - don't send me anything to Camp Shelby as I've departed that resort for greener pastures.

That's about all for now. I'll give a more extensive update soon. This past weekend was fabulous and it was great to be a civilian for a few days. I had a wonderful time with Jacqueline and my parents in Memphis and Tunica. Sideline benefit? The beer counter has been reset! Ah the memories I'll be sharing with you all in the coming months! Stay tuned!

Days without a beer: 3

No comments: