Sunday, April 1, 2007

31 March 2007: Boredom Days

Sometimes there are days here when it seems as though time is standing still. Today was one of those days. It was a very slow Saturday at work and I let everyone on the team leave early. All my gym clothes were in the KBR laundry so no workout. AFN was out in my hooch so forget about watching some TV. My course of action was the time-honored method of making hours go by blissfully - I settled in for a long afternoon nap. This is definitely not something that's always a luxury. I knocked off a good two hours. After supper I met my team over at the Sustainer Theater to see "The Shooter" with Marky Mark. While I expected it to be a "Mark Wahlberg plays Jason Bourne"-type movie it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. While far-fetched, it was a surprisingly entertaining movie. Critical comments? How come nobody called in the truck he stole in Philadelphia? Why did the Senator from Montana talk like he was the baron of a pre-Civil War Georgia cotton plantation?

Ah they were only minor annoyances. Most everyone enjoyed the movie - including me. Stopping by the East MWR later we discovered it to be "Salsa Night". That meant an early exit for me. I prefer my Salsa with tortilla chips. As I went back to the hooch to call it a night the wind started picking up. Apparently a sandstorm is coming.

No comments: