Saturday, April 7, 2007

07 April 2007: Live from Camp Speicher


Greetings again friends... I'll have to be very brief today. This comes to you from Camp Speicher, which is in northern Iraq. I'll be here for several days. As a matter of fact, I just got here in the past two hours. My team and I came in on a sleak C130 Hercules. It's a pretty dreary night here and rainy. We'll be working quite a bit to help out the warfighters up here. However, I'll be able to report it appears. I'm looking forward to providing some good stories and tales.

By the way, this place used to be the home of Saddam's Air Force Academy. I think I'm staying in one of the old cadet billets. That means no VIP quarters for me this time around. Damn!

Alright I gotta go. I'm on a "community" computer and there are soldiers waiting. Later friends.

No comments: