Sunday, April 29, 2007

29 April 2007: LSAA NFL Draft Central


Go ahead and write this down everyone - Patriots will win the next Super Bowl. Get used to hearing "Brady to Moss - touchdown Patriots!" There's only one team in the NFL that could pull off a trade like Randy Moss for a 4th round pick. Randy Moss, recently timed at 4.29, even took a pay cut on a restructured contract to play for the Patriots. I don't care what anyone says about Moss's work ethic, lack of production in Oakland, failure to hustle on every play, and any other character criticisms. Bill Belichick will extract Moss's full potential on every play. Woe to the rest of the league. With all that said my bottom line on this year's NFL Draft is that the Patriots cleaned house. Once again they've shown the league that you can stay elite in the salary cap era. A good team in 2006 is now an awesome team for 2007. Should I remind everyone that Tom Brady still hasn't reached his 30th birthday? There will be some happy times at Ivy Tavern this fall.

Oh wait... this is supposed to be a blog about my deployment. I actually did have to go to my office to make a phone call down to Kuwait.The soldier I mentioned yesterday will stay there for now. There's really not much I can do for him. The rest of my Sunday was spent chillin'. Red Sox beat the Yankees again. NFL Draft provided hours of viewing fun. I took a break for a workout. I splurged at supper by eating two pieces of chocolate cheesecake. I intended to use my time off to take some photos and document more port-o-jon humor. Truth is, I was enjoying a day of nothingness too much to interrupt the fun.

Before I went to bed I found myself daydreaming of a bone-in ribeye at Ruth's Chris. It's sizzling, cooked to a perfect medium rare. I've got a glass of Stag's Leap Merlot 2002 (glass hell, I've got the whole bottle!). I mean I'm drinking from the glass with the bottle standing by. Holy shit the steak is beyond reproach. Every bite is a savory moment of bliss. The merlot is the perfect compliment. I could take hours to finish this meal. If any of you rush off to Ruth's Chris after reading this I demand a referral fee! At least e-mail me and tell me how it was.

Great now I'm starving. The DFAC doesn't open for another hour.

No comments: