Friday, April 6, 2007

06 April 2007: Pre-Combat Checks

Greetings again everyone! I'll be brief today. As promised, I won't venture into "no man's land" like I did yesterday. I just had to get that off my chest.

Ah another day at LSA Anaconda.... My focus today is to complete all the pre-combat checks with my team. We'll be out and about the AOR (Area of Responsibility) over the next couple of weeks or so assisting our fellow warfighters. That means I'll be reporting to you from a few more FOBs in the coming days. Before we go it is important to make sure that we packed all of the equipment to perform our mission. A PCC is kind of like making sure you didn't forget something before you go on a trip. From the soldier standpoint, it is essential to mission success. Yeah there's the obvious stuff we look for - ammo, body armor (IBA), extra uniforms, first aid kits, etc. But it's more than that. This is where we do our final rehearsals of each team member's integral function. So that's what is on the plate.

Once we get out there I'll be back in the telling you what we did and where we've been mode again. OPSEC demands that.

Last night I cruised back over to the Air Force MWR. It's getting a little routine but that's ok. The second I walked in folks who had attended "Balad Idol" were requesting an encore of "TNT". A special request came that I sing something by Megadeth. Unfortunately I couldn't fulfill that one - not well enough rehearsed with their music. There was a group of soldiers from the Arkansas Army National Guard in attendance. One of them was a pretty good singer himself. I spent some time chatting with them. I also spent a little time talking with some of the AF folks I've met and invited them to view my blog (welcome! if you made it here I expect some feedback!).

Like always, stay tuned - lots of travelling coming up, which means some insightful stories from around the country. For now it's back to PCC's.

No comments: