Monday, April 2, 2007

01 April 2007: Sand Storm? April Fools!

I'm reaching for stories on today. Best I can do is to mention Mother Nature's April Fools. This morning the wind was howling. It seemed as though a sand storm was blowing in. All the indicators were there - swirling dust, low visibility, dusty clouds on the horizon... It just never really materialized. Unless we're on mission I let my team take Sunday's off. Unfortunately, the pseudo-sand storm made outdoor activities impossible. It also spoiled the season opening of the LSAA outdoor pool. By nightfall the wind had died down and a brilliant moon shone through the clouds. A dusk IDF attack made for some spectacular fireworks to the north. Four F16's took off just after dark - their afterburners sending long plumes of blue flame into the night sky.

That was about all I observed of note. Doesn't look like we'll have a sand storm after all.

No comments: