Wednesday, April 25, 2007

25 April 2007: Layin' Low

Wednesday in Balad... If anything today was just routine. Having stayed up late the night before I slept in an extra hour. That was nice. After the 0900 plans meeting I spent the morning organizing notes for the AAR (After Action Review) for the recently completed missions. I can't say that much of anything spectacular happened during the course of the day. The weather is incredible - sunny, 80's, cool at night. If it stayed like this year round it would be quite alright with me. Since the team isn't too busy presently I'm letting them have more time off for personal stuff. The agreement is that part of their personal time be spent at the gym. Eventually we'll be tasked to take a fitness test. I'm never worried about that but I do have some soldiers that need some work. At 1700 I attended the daily wrap-up meeting. Then I hit the gym myself.

Army highlight of the day? Probably supper. I ate a t-bone steak, catfish fillets, corn on the cob, green beans, crab salad, and a piece of chocolate cheesecake. Sometimes it's good to just lay low for a day. Today was the epitome of layin' low.

No comments: