Thursday, April 19, 2007

18 April 2007: What you can control, what you can't control..


Words to live by - never get stressed about events that are out of your control. Case in point would be traveling by military air in Iraq. If this sounds familiar it should be no surprise. My team was supposed to leave Kirkuk. Well we are still here. After waiting for about five hours in the pax terminal we were told the flight had been cancelled. Once again we are at the mercy of military air. Now we're "space A" on the next available flight. That's no guarantee. Given that we have another mission you'd think we'd be all stressed about making it in time. Not my team. We watched a really good extra-inning baseball game between the Royals and Tigers while we waited at the pax terminal. Why worry? It's not our fault that we're still at FOB Warrior. We'll get where we're going eventually. For now we'll just "chill".

Life's just too short to be stressed out. I choose not to be.

I believe this is the shortest entry I've written. Sometimes a day here can be summed up in just a few sentences. I'm certain there's some awesome moments to share ahead. Stay tuned.

No comments: