Saturday, April 21, 2007

20 April 2007: Back on the East Side!

Well, I'm back on the East Side of Anaconda anyway. Truth is, it's nice to be back for a few days. I had not realized how nice my hooch really is until I came back from traveling to other FOBs. Much like my home back in Providence, my hooch rocks! I got back in my bed at 0400. Our C130 arrived back in Balad at around 0240. The big surprise was that I have a new neighbor in the adjacent hooch. My trailer is two hooches (one on each end) with a shared bathroom in the middle. Fresh off my flight I walk into my bathroom to find shower shoes, towel, soap, and shampoo neatly displayed. My new neighbor is a Navy Master Chief. I haven't met him yet but after my early AM arrival disturbed his slumber he left me a note. It wasn't a nastygram. He was just saying hello and introducing himself. His assumption was that I was a new arrival at LSAA. I guess I'll explain to him at some point.

My team was supposed to fly out on another mission later in the day. The intent was for Catfish Air to whisk us to Baghdad. Their Blackhawks were full. Since we were "space A" they didn't have room for us. Now I'm left with trying to adjust our training plan by a day. We'll see how that works out. With the night free I proceeded to the gym. After working out I stopped by the AF MWR but it was very lame. Instead I indulged in the luxury of watching TV in bed back at my hooch. It was glorious.

No comments: