Wednesday, September 19, 2007

18 September 2007: Temperatures are breaking

As I look back on Tuesday I realize how much I really paid attention to anything that was going on. We’ve got another mission upcoming and there was some minor planning for the trip. Everyone is back now from previous missions so the whole team is together for the first time in a month. It will be a short-lived stay. I’ve mainly recommended that everyone get in some recovery time so they can be refreshed for the future missions. That doesn’t make for exciting blog commentary though. I hope you understand. Sometimes I just don’t really have much to talk about.

I did hold one formal training event today. I briefed my AAR from the mission down in Camp Liberty (to include Camp Taji and UNION III). There were lots of learning points so it fostered some good discussion. We finished in time for lunch. Post-lunch saw everyone dispersing. I didn’t mind. Hell, I went for a nap too.

Here’s some more good news – the temperatures are breaking. That’s right! We are only experiencing highs around 110 now. The worst of the heat is past.

No comments: