Monday, September 24, 2007

23 September 2007: "Do-nothing" Sunday


After staying up late to watch LSU beat South Carolina I had no interest in doing anything but sleep late. Sunday morning at the hooch after a late night means I’m not doing anything but lounging. That’s exactly what I did. I made coffee, caught up on the rest of the college football scores, and did a little “barracks maintenance.” I am on the glide path to R&R.

This amounted to one of the most do-nothing days I’ve had deployed. I have no regrets. I spent a little time at the office taking care of e-mail. I stopped by the gym. I poked my head in at the PX (didn’t’ buy anything). Hell, I even cruised over to Green Beans to see how karaoke was coming along.

When I went to karaoke I found out that they still haven’t restored the computer-based system. That really sucks because when they are relying on discs the song selection is really bad. It’s unfortunate because the place was packed. I didn’t entertain though. I said hello to a few folks and then cruised on back to the hooch. I watched the second half of the Texans – Colts game.

I’ve got some observations to share three games into the NFL season. The Patriots are the best team by far. The Colts are winning on lucky bounces of the ball. The Steelers are a fluke and will be exposed very soon. The Chargers are in disarray. If the season were to go to playoffs right now we’d see the Patriots and Cowboys in the Super Bowl (Patriots would roll). Here’s some advice for you fantasy football fans – don’t ever listen to the advice of the so-called experts on ESPN or other channels. Every single player the experts said to bench this week had breakout games (take Brian Westbrook for example).

I’m ready for R&R.

No comments: