Thursday, September 27, 2007

26 September 2007: I can smell R&R

This could actually be my last entry before I travel for R&R. I’ve finally tied up the last loose end I talked about previously. Now I just need to wait until time to pack. All the awards are complete. I’ve submitted them to the chain-of-command. It’s a waiting game now. Slowly but surely the stress I talked about yesterday will dissipate. A few beers will help. I’ve been living at my desk in the office for about three days straight now. An imprint of my butt cheeks is permanently formed on my chair. I did take time to hit the gym to work out some of the tension. I ate. The only thing I haven’t done much of is sleep. I’ve had very little of that. I’ll probably snooze the entire plane ride (there are several of those) headed home. All of my team has already beaten me out the door. They’ve departed on various missions. This is the first time since I deployed that I missed any of my team’s missions. It’s in good cause though. If it were anything other than R&R I’d be quite upset. I can’t wait to go home for a couple of weeks.

Is anyone paying attention to my temperature gauge? It’s only getting up to around 100 these days. The mornings are actually pleasant. By the time I get back we may even see rain. The worst of summer is over. We made it.

If you don’t hear from me in a few days it’s because I can’t get to a computer. I’ll tell you about my trip home as soon as I get the chance.

No comments: