Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Thoughts on R&R

It wasn’t long enough. I was just starting to unwind when leave ended. Even so, my leave was wonderful. I told myself that I wouldn’t try to do everything or see everybody. I made few commitments other than my WP reunion. That was a good call. I must apologize to all of you who I didn’t catch up with. There just wasn’t time enough to go around. However, it was awesome to see the friends that I did spend time with. I’m really glad my parents and nephew came up. We didn’t exactly “burn the city down” but we did have a lot of fun. I saw a good number of the gang at Ivy Tavern too. All in all, I accomplished everything I’d hoped to over the course of two weeks. The best part is knowing that my next trip home is for good. I’m now starting the home stretch of the deployment. When I said goodbye to friends and family, I made sure to say that it wasn’t really goodbye but, instead, the beginning of hello. There’s going to be a big party when I get back and everyone is invited.

No comments: