Wednesday, June 13, 2007

12 June 2007: Sopranos Isolation

Lately I’ve been completely avoiding the news. Everywhere I look there are articles about the Sopranos. Remember that the episodes air in the U.S., a Major in my unit has his wife Tivo each one, she sends the latest episode to him, and after he watches it he forwards the episode to me. That means I’m watching the episode a full two weeks after it airs. Last night I had the good fortune of watching two more episodes. However, I still have two more to go. If I even read the first paragraph of an article about the show it gives away some key event that I haven’t yet seen. It’s safe to say that I’m in Sopranos isolation. Now if the last two episodes can just hurry up and arrive I can get on with my life.

Buried in the above paragraph you’ll find the highlight of today. When I received my mail it included the coveted Sopranos episodes. At that point the entire focus of my day was the build up for watching them after work. I breezed through work, got my workout in, ate supper, and then retired to my hooch. For the next two hours I was fixated. Two observations – 1) Tony’s method of removing teeth was very gruesome; 2) AJ is still a twit – just as he has been the entire series. Now there are only two more episodes to go. I'm patiently waiting.

My soldiers were able to fly out for their pass. By now they are sipping beers on the beach in Qatar. That’s good. There’s a lot of work coming up. Once we truly get busy there will be no time for a 4-day pass. I’m glad they’re getting it in now

No comments: