Saturday, June 16, 2007

15 June 2007: Revisiting yesterday's entry...


After giving the matter additional thought I decided I needed to amend my blog from yesterday. “Unconditional Surrender” isn’t a good slogan for Senator Harry Reid. Historians will associate that with General Ulysses S. Grant. As a Union general in the Civil War Grant earned the nickname “Unconditional Surrender” because it was the only terms he’d accept from Confederate armies he’d defeated. The nickname also worked for him because it perfectly matched his initials – U.S. Grant. Grant wasn’t necessarily the best tactician. However, his strategy of unrelenting pressure and never retreating eventually wore down General Lee’s Army. General Grant is the polar opposite of Senator Harry Reid. Therefore, to avoid confusion I’ve come up with a better slogan for the senator. He should be known as Sen. Harry “Always Retreat, Always Surrender” Reid.

Now that I’ve cleared that up let me tell you about my day. Unfortunately, the vast majority of my time was spent in front of the computer hammering out my “Commander’s Briefing”. I know I talked about it earlier but I procrastinated. Getting awards done for my soldiers took higher priority so I completed those and ensured they were submitted through the chain of command. Having done that, I was faced with two days to put together the briefing. I decided to get it done in one day so that I could take Saturday off. You’ve all done something similar so I’m certain you can relate. Well I’m glad to say that the briefing is ready.

After my customary workout I stopped back by my hooch. I had intended to step back out and see what was going on at the recreation center. Instead I crashed. I was asleep by 2200. It actually felt great.

Good news for the blog – I’ll be traveling a lot over the next two weeks. I’m certain to discover a lot of excellent news to report. It’s good for me too because life’s been getting a bit monotonous around here.

No comments: