Thursday, March 20, 2008

19 March 2008: Perfect weather

It was sleeting this morning. Why is this perfect weather? It's very simple. I have no priorities right now. I couldn't ask for better weather to lounge. After being immersed in work 24/7 for over a year I am basking in the enjoyment of being a slacker. If I could give an order to my team it would be "Follow my lead and do likewise!" You all earned it.

I haven't figured out how to wrap up this blog. My FOB-hopping days are finished. However, I do consider the immediate post-deployment recovery to be an important part of my experience. I've still got a trip to NC upcoming. That's when I spend time with my family. It will be the first time I've been home since Christmas 2006. I won't truly feel as though I've come back until I finally go home for a few days. After that I can come to a conclusion on what to do with this blog.

I stopped back by the Ivy to visit with another friend. Tom is on faculty at PC. He became fully tenured while I was away. It was great to see him and catch up.

I think I finally got the last of the sand out of my ears today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home LTC Houston. My home is open if you find your way to the Baltimore/DC area.
Toby (Chief) Guyer

Melanie said...

Enjoy NC! Looking forward to some Avery County pics.