Monday, July 23, 2007

22 July 2007: New Faces at Green Beans


Sunday…. Ah Sunday…. Not only that, it was a Sunday at LSAA. This all adds up to a day off. That’s exactly how I spent the day. I slept in. I relaxed over coffee. I had a leisurely lunch. I worked out. I called home. I even took a nap. It all felt great. Anytime I saw a member of my team I made sure they weren’t working. If they were just checking e-mail or calling home that was fine. Everyone deserved a day off and I insisted that they take it. No one protested. Despite the extreme heat, it was a relaxing day.

I’m still reflecting on the mission we just completed. I must say that it made me look forward even more to upcoming missions. It is much more fun to be out working than it is to hanging out at LSAA. I did hit the Green Beans karaoke. I hadn’t been in a while. There were a lot of new faces. Apparently, a lot of the regulars had redeployed while I was on mission. Within the next month there will be almost 100% turnover on all of the regulars. It’s kinda sad but also good. Deployments come to an end and I’m glad that it’s come to a safe conclusion for my friends. They’ve earned the right to go home.

No comments: