Sunday, July 1, 2007

30 June 2007: Rearranging the office

Disclaimer: I hate to say it but the following entry is very, very boring. I kept it short for your convenience. There's only so much to report when I'm stuck at my desk all day.

Ah, the last day of June….. As always, June has flown by. It really doesn’t matter the year, what I’m doing, or where I’m living – June is one of the fastest months. July will be sufficiently busy so I expect it to roll by at a steady clip too. The last day of June proved to be a very busy one. It seemed more like an office day back home. I worked at my desk from 0930 – 1530 straight. That’s right, I skipped lunch. While I furiously typed reports, briefings and updates, my soldiers rearranged the office. I’ve got six more soldiers joining my team and we need space. Otherwise it will seem very crowded around here. Once I was happy with the work we’d accomplished, I drove to the gym. That’s where my normal routine kicked back into gear. Workout, shower, DFAC, etc…..

This coming week we’ll have soldiers out on missions, command briefings, pistol range, skills training, and a host of other activities. At the end of it all I’ll be going back out on mission. Basically, my team is firing up those last two or three cylinders for the big push of work upcoming. Why now? I just wanted to make sure it was good and hot outside before we got busy. I hope you don’t really believe that.

After supper I returned to the office. I spent a couple of hours catching up on e-mails. A soldier on my team was on the phone so I had to wait to use it myself. We only have one phone so I always let the soldiers go first. It’s eerily quiet around here these days.

No comments: