Monday, January 14, 2008

13 January 2008: Football Sunday

Today's headline sums it up. It was NFL divisional playoffs. I attempted to get up early this morning to watch the Pats - Jags game. That was a dismal failure. I awoke thinking it was 0500. When I turned my TV on there was only 22 seconds left in the game. Upon further inspection, my watch read 0700. Oh well... I watched the replay later in the day. I read a statistic later that is simply astounding. The last time Tom Brady threw a red zone interception was two years ago in the divisional playoff loss to Denver. Since then, he has thrown over 60 red zone TD passes without an interception.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Chargers end Peyton Manning and the Colts' season. I thought the most amazing part of that game was watching Billy Volek substitute for an injured Phillip Rivers. Who would have thought that Billy Volek would be the QB to lead the Chargers on a 70-yard, 4th quarter winning TD drive? I'm glad I stayed up to watch the game.

What about work? I already told everyone. As long as there is mud everywhere, nobody wants to open up their containers for us to look at them. Mud and customs regulations do not mix. Don't worry though, we've got some more travels and missions upcoming - sooner than you realize.

Patriots 19-0? History is in the making.

No comments: