Saturday, January 19, 2008

18 January 2008: Metrosexual Joe

In the midst of writing AAR's, updating SOP's, and getting ready for our upcoming TOA, I set aside time to do a few things. First up was a haircut. Three separate times I stopped by the barber shop, only to find it full of Joes. Another item on my agenda was to receive my annual anthrax booster. My NCOIC needed one too so the two of us rode over to the TMC during the regularly scheduled hours for immunizations. Despite the fact that they told us previously they had anthrax boosters, we were turned away. The Joe working the front desk said they were out. "We've had some on order, sir. It just hasn't come in." I grabbed a couple pieces of Super Bubble brand bubble gum from the candy dish on his desk. What was quite curious to me was that the Joe's eyebrows appeared to have been waxed. He, for all intents and purposes, was a "Metrosexual Joe". This is a strange place to find a metrosexual. The anthrax booster will have to wait. I guess I'll have to see Metrosexual Joe again.

It was a day of valiant efforts for no return. In the end, I didn't get a haircut nor did I receive my anthrax shot. Some days just happen this way.

No comments: