Tuesday, November 6, 2007

05 November 2007: Every day's a Monday

It seems like that anyway. Somehow the months change so that must mean the days of the week do, in fact, go by. But wait... Today was Monday. Damn! It seemed like any other day. That's my point - every day is Monday here.

At lunch today I walked to the DFAC right in front of a couple of Joe's who were talking about post-deployment purchases. I had to hang back to eavesdrop. After all, Joe may know something I wasn't aware of.

Joe 1: "Well I know I need some clothes. I'll be buyin' lots of clothes."
Joe2: "Yeah me too. I really don't need much else. I got stuff for my place already. Well, most everything. I guess there's some things I need."
Joe1: "Dude don't rent to own!"
Joe2: "Oh I won't do that. I learned that fuckin' lesson already."
Joe1: "My place is pretty good too. I mean I got a bed, a sofa, a love seat, and a coffee table. I got all my kitchen shit and appliances. Well, actually I got two sofas - one's a piece of shit. I guess I need to replace it."
Joe2: "Man let me tell you about sofas. They're all the same. It just depends on where you buy it. All that overhead and shit... Sofas don't cost that fuckin' much to make."
Joe1: "Well I was plannin' on somethin' cheap."
Joe2: "You need to go to this place a buddy of mine runs. It's called 'Weekends Only'. That's because he only opens on weekends to save overhead. You figure if he's only open weekends he doesn't have to pay his employees much. Then he gets his stuff wholesale. I mean he marks it up a little. It's a whole warehouse of furniture -fuckin' cheap. You need to go there!"
Joe1: "Sure man that sounds like a place I need to go."

In the meantime I'm thinking of what a shitty bachelor pad this guy must have. It reminds me of back in the day when I had a living room set from Service Merchandise. It all matched right? It must be nice right? I'll bet chicks really dig Joe's interior decorating skills. I'm glad Joe2 was looking out for Joe1 on the furniture purchases. That's what the buddy system is all about.

Now I'm curious to poke my head in "Weekends Only". I'd be certain there are mullets-a-plenty. Only on weekends though...

No comments: