Friday, November 16, 2007

15 November 2007: Ides of November

I don't recall anyone warning me to beware the coming of today. I can see why. Nothing happened today. My knee feels better. It does have a nasty bruise though. I don't think it qualifies for a Purple Heart (ala John Kerry). I'm not limping anymore.

My team had very little to do today. I gave most of them a "personal day" to take care of laundry and other things. We did have a HAZMAT inspection but it was brief. It's much easier to schedule outdoor appointments for midday now. It isn't ass-blistering hot anymore. We're in the interlude before the next round of shitty weather - the rainy season.

The "Ides of November" came and went with a wimper. My team has sprinted through the first half of the month. Now we're taking a short breather before we sprint the second half of the month. I can't see the actual light at the end of the tunnel but I do see the residual glow way in the distance. It's getting closer.

113 days (estimate) until I have my next beer.

No comments: