Saturday, November 17, 2007

16 November 2007: Hail "Bob"

In the midst of an uneventful Friday at Camp Liberty I discovered another category of graffiti Joe - the evangelist. I'll get to the story in a moment. First let me tell you about the rest of the day. My best description would be a final coordination day for upcoming missions. I spent several hours over at the MND-B HQ talking on the phone to some key players. That was followed by the ubiquitous "follow-up e-mails". Once all that was complete I spent the rest of the day on personal time. I gave the rest of the team a "personal recovery day" to catch up on their affairs (that means sleep, laundry, chow, whatever...).

Once I got into my personal time I waltzed on over to the Scorpion MWR Gym (that's the name of the gym adjacent to my hooch). I had to pee so I walked into a port-o-jon next to the gym. Yep, graffiti aplenty! However it was unlike what I typically find in the port-o-jon. Everything in this one had a religious overtone. Since I was on my way to the gym I didn't have my camera or a pen and paper. That means I had to find the notable quotes and commit them to memory. Somewhere on Camp Liberty resides "Evangelical Joe". His graffiti is causing other Joes to ponder their mortality (and morality). One of Evangelical Joe's quotes brought a response from two other Joes.

Evangelical Joe: "God forgive them for they know not what they do"
Joe1 response: "I guess this guy's never been blown the fuck up"
Joe2 response: "I have and I agree with him"

I scratched my head and pondered that forum for a moment. I didn't have time to ponder long though. As I turned to walk out of the port-o-jon I saw another quote. All I could figure is that another Joe is promoting a new religion. I don't know what that religion may entail. I just know that it's focused around "Bob". Here's what this Evangelical Joe wrote (in cursive no less, which is a font I don't have on this forum):

"God loves you but "BOB" really loves you. HAIL "BOB"!

Uh... Ok, whatever you say Evangelical Joe.

No comments: