Monday, November 26, 2007

25 November 2007: Remember the Titans?

They were 6-2 at one time this season. Damn! What a disgusting collapse they've had. I'm very glad AFN didn't televise the Titans - Bengals game. I tried to follow it online at NFL.com. I lost interest in the third quarter. In my mind I was visualizing the game as it would turn out in Madden Football. I was the Bengals and my opponent was an NFL Europe team played by the PS2. Those of you who are Madden fans know exactly what I'm talking about. The real game played out the same.

Meanwhile, the Patriots had a scare. However, they showed the mark of a great team - they prevailed. Take note - they're still undefeated. I think the game was a wake-up call. That's unfortunate for the rest of the league.

All the engineer Joes that live around me are highly bummed. LSU lost the other day to Arkansas. Thus endeth their national title run. There is no joy in Baton Rouge. There's also no joy on Pad 8, Camp Liberty. Most of the soldiers in my parent unit down in Kuwait are from Louisiana. Up until this weekend, I've been reading their boastful e-mails about LSU football. Their e-mails have been non-existent since the conclusion of the game. Don't get me wrong - I am an LSU fan also. Hell, I lived in Baton Rouge for nine years. I've never enjoyed any college football tailgating as much as what I experienced at Tiger Stadium. It's just an unfortunate loss.

Yeah, I didn't do anything today. My team is on recovery from our mission to Kalsu. Couple that with the fact that it's Sunday and it puts the icing on the cake. Even if we tried there wouldn't have been any work to do today. As for me? I continued to pursue the problems with my laptop. Although I didn't get it to work, I did verify that my hard drive is fine. All of my files are good. That was a huge relief.

There are no Joe stories today. I think every Joe in Camp Liberty was doing about the same thing as me. We slept, ate, worked out, watched football, and counted off another day closer to going home.

No comments: