Saturday, February 2, 2008

01 February 2008: The last full calender month begins

February is the last month I will be in Iraq from start to finish. Where did the time go? Wouldn't you know it? I got the leap year. My February will have 29 days. That's ok, it's still a short month.

I can't say that anything notable took place. After our most frustrating week of the deployment, the only sensible thing to do was give the team the day off. That's exactly what we all did. I recharged my motivation batteries. I'm happy to report that I've been able to reschedule this past week's mission. Now we just need the weather to cooperate.

As if to mock us all, the weather today was spectacular. Helicopters were buzzing all day and evening. It's a good thing I have a healthy sense of humor.

No comments: