Wednesday, February 6, 2008

05 February 2008: Planning the home stretch

February is a short month but it's long on work. I was able to reschedule the mission from last week. A couple of other big events are also on the calender coming up. This deployment isn't going to allow my team to leave easy. We aren't stressed over this. All this work will make the time fly. Most of our unit is spending the last month down in Kuwait. They're, essentially, just waiting for the flight home. In the meantime, my little "band of brothers" will drive on to a few more FOB's.

Another sign of light at the end of the deployment tunnel was that I packed a few boxes of gear to ship home. It's astounding how much gear a soldier will accumulate over the course of one year of deployment. I know I've already mentioned this before so I won't open this up for discussion again. By the time I leave, my goal is to have one duffelbag and my backpack. Everything else will have been shipped home.

All the mud has dried. I guess it's time for rain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad to see that you will be coming home soon. I hope you have a safe month. You're in the homestretch now!

Christy