Saturday, August 11, 2007

10 August 2007: Puttin' out the "brush fires"


In spite of my best efforts I’m simply not inspired by any aspect of my Friday. Quite frankly, it came and went as a blur. Most of my workday was spent fighting “brush fires” that were popping up everywhere. Apparently, there are some people in key positions who are spreading rumors about the type of work my team actually does. As a result, there were various phone calls and e-mails from random units requesting off-the-wall support. It was always something that was in no way related to what my team can provide. When I would ask who told them to call me the answer was always the same person. She’s a Major down in Kuwait that can’t seem to figure out what we do. Even though she gets my regular SITREPs and other e-mails my team is still is a mystery for her. I hate to turn people away. By the same token, they shouldn’t have been told to call me. I always do what should have been done in the first place – I direct them to the people that can help them with their question, request, or whatever they’re looking for.

It’s been slightly cooler here as well. That’s welcome relief. These temperatures won’t last. We’re still in for broiler heat. It will probably start tomorrow. I wouldn’t say it’s cool enough to run outside though. That means I’m still hitting the treadmills. I haven’t run into the effeminate poser again. That’s probably a good thing. Actually, I’m noticing lots of new faces on LSAA these days. It may be because we’ve been out on missions so much I didn’t have time to get around. We definitely have some time on our hands right now. I guess I’ll be familiar with all the faces again by the time I’m back out on multiple missions. Next time we leave it will be for awhile.

That’s about all I have to say on this Friday. It was boring, slow, and at times agitating. It’s another day down though. That’s one day closer to going home.

No comments: