Monday, August 27, 2007

27 August 2007: Monday? I guess so...


It’s impossible for anyone to get a “case of the Mondays” around here. We work every day on when we’re on missions. Were it not for calendars, we’d definitely lose track of what day of the week we were on. I won’t belabor this because I know I already talked about the “Ground Hog Day” effect in a previous entry. I guess I’m just saying that if someone didn’t tell me I wouldn’t even have known it was Monday.

Compared to yesterday, the day seemed quite tame. There were no more fireworks, no ass-chewings, and no mortar attacks. We didn’t even drive around much because there were no inspections scheduled today. I stopped by the office where my computer operators were working to visit with them for a while. Later in the day I met with a Lieutenant from one of the units we’ll be working with in the Green Zone. I guess the highlight of the day was having a cup of “Seattle’s Best” coffee and a mini Cinnabon. Both are available in the Liberty PX food court.

Soldiers seem to have a lot of time to spend at the gym. I went earlier today than usual hoping it would be less crowded. I was disappointed to find it to be just as packed as ever. Actually, it was more crowded. I didn’t stay long. It was too hot, stinky, sweaty, and loud.
I guess it’s comforting to know that Joe stays in shape

No comments: