Monday, August 13, 2007

12 August 2007: Joe knows latrine commentary

What was my top priority on a Sunday with no mission? I hope you guessed sleep. If you didn’t then you must be new to my blog. Sleep took top billing. I didn’t even stir until around 0900. Even then I didn’t get up. I flipped on the TV and watched AFN as I dozed in and out. Around 1000 I got up and made a wonderful pot of coffee. Why is it so wonderful on Sunday? It’s very simple. I don’t have to be anywhere so I’m not gulping coffee and watching the clock. Hell I didn’t even get out of my boxers until almost noon. The only nuisance to my morning was the maintenance workers nearby who kept shutting down the electricity to my hooch block. That was a bummer because it meant no water (electric water pumps). I was just about to take a shower when the power went out. I had to break out the battery-operated razor and drive-on with my day.

Truth is, I rolled through the day in a sleepwalk. I went to the office to check e-mail. I put in an early workout just to get it out of the way. I ventured back to the office to make a call home. I even strolled over to the PX for no reason. That was a good call. While at the PX I stopped by a KBR port-o-jon for a nature break. I was rewarded with some good Joe comments. Unfortunately, I didn’t have a pen and paper. However, I did remember a couple of comments and will share them.

Joe’s fascination with Chuck Norris continues. Here’s a fact about Chuck I wasn’t aware of until now.

“Chuck Norris lost both his legs in an auto accident but was still able to walk it off.”

Damn that guy is tough!

Someone from one of the other services noted something that I’ve known all along when he wrote, “What makes Army guys so cool is that they know how to write on walls.”

Well said. Joe knows latrine commentary.

No comments: