Tuesday, August 21, 2007

21 August 2007: Super-secret Air Force stuff


I guess my comment yesterday of “generic birds” just wouldn’t fly (yeah, I know – that’s a little corny). Anyway, for you bird enthusiasts, I’ve included the best photo I had. If you can tell what kind of birds these are then let me know. I’m certain the world is at a standstill waiting for the answer. They still look pretty generic to me.

Today was mission “crunch time.” I was furiously wrapping up the loose ends of final preparations. The scope of our missions is vastly greater than what we’ve done in the past. It’s very important we do everything we can to be ready. I fired off a flurry of last-minute e-mails, phone calls, and recommendations. I gave another mission briefing to several more members of my team. Everyone seems pretty clear on what’s in store. Nobody had any questions. I think we’re ready to get it on.

Before I even noticed the day was gone. I still found time to hit the gym. That’s always a release. When I stopped by the DFAC I found that the Air Force was having a big dinner event. It occupied half the DFAC so the rest of us pukes were crammed into the other side. Every now and then the AF would start pounding their fists (or forks – I couldn’t tell) on their tables. I’m not sure what they were talking about but they sure liked pounding their tables. One theory I had was that it was some kind of hand-eye coordination test. Perhaps a roach had been released on each table and the goal was to be the first person on the table to squash the bug? It sounded as though they were having fun. I could tell it was super-secret AF stuff. I didn’t investigate for fear of causing a riot of some kind. The AF folks here at LSAA are “all about the team” – so long as the team members are all AF.


I made one more stop by the office to check e-mail again. Then I called it a night. At least that’s when I went back to the hooch. I did some packing for the mission but bored of that activity very quickly. My bed was much more inviting

No comments: