Monday, December 10, 2007

08 December 2007: Lots of moving pieces

Adaptablility is a hallmark characteristic of my team. We run into a variety of scenarios and situations that require us to adapt and demonstrate flexibility. It may be because of terrible living conditions, poor phone or internet connections, delays in flights, or simply differences in the way the various units we support conduct business. We are truly on the homestretch right now. Ever since mid-August we've been moving around from place to place, working long hours, and assisting a lot of units in the massive project of getting their equipment home. We've saved some of the busiest scenarios for the end. I've got a lot of moving pieces right now. To illustrate, let me make mention of the different locations I've got personnel working right now. In order to meet mission requirements, I've got folks here at Camp Liberty, up at Camp Taji, over at FOB Rustimayah, and even a couple in FOB Loyalty. I can't be everywhere at once. But my team has become so proficient over the past few months that they don't require me to know what work needs to be done. I'm very proud of them. For everything they've done over the course of this deployment, every selfless hour spent assisting other soldiers, my team will have earned the right to go home.

We've only got a few more weeks to go for our missions to be complete. There were Christmas carols playing in the DFAC today. Is it that time of year already?

No comments: