Tuesday, December 11, 2007

10 December 2007: Sigmund "Joe" Freud

I think it should be really clear by now that Joe is an expert in everything. You want to talk sports? Joe is fantasy league central. Do you have questions regarding finances or investments? Joe wrote the book on money management. Have you ever been in need of marital, or relationship, advice? Joe trained Dr. Phil. Are you looking to buy a car? Don't waste time researching online or money on "Car and Driver" - just ask Joe. While I was visiting Camp Slayer today, I found that Joe can chalk yet another subject on his "expert" block - Psychiatry.

I had been over to the Victory Base area during the morning in a vain attempt to find someone I needed to talk to. Since I was already in the vicinity, I decided to eat lunch at the Camp Slayer DFAC. Back in early 2005 I had lived at Camp Slayer for about two weeks prior to moving over to the Green Zone. It's the high-rent district where VBC is concerned. There are lots of contractors, coalition, and sister services working at Slayer. As you would expect, the DFAC is better stocked than the normal Joe DFAC.

Before I walked into the DFAC I had to answer the call of nature. Directly across from the "Fish Palace Gym" (named so because it's a former Baath Party playhouse adorned with aquatic statues and now serves as the Slayer gym) was a row of port-o-jons. As soon as I stepped in I realized that, once again, I'd come to the right stall. The notes from an entire counseling session were on the wall for everyone to see. It was a psychiatric treatment session given by Sigmund "Joe" Freud to another Joe in need. Here's how it played out -

Angry Joe: "The Army can burn in hell!"

Joe Freud: "Now tell me how you really feel?!"

Angry Joe: "The Army is a joke!"

Joe Freud: "Tell me about your mother"

Angry Joe: "What does my mother have to do with it?"

Joe Freud: "It's a Freudian thing!"

I guess the session must have adjourned at that point. In a few days I'll have to see if the session was concluded. Joe's skills never cease to amaze me.

No comments: