Tuesday, December 25, 2007

25 December 2007: Merry Christmas from Camp Liberty!


I'm bucking my tradition of posting my entries the day after. Christmas is just too important. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! Camp Liberty dawned bright this morning to the sound of both outgoing and incoming artillery and mortar fire. It was almost as though intended. I took it as celebratory fireworks. I didn't exactly leap out of bed. A better description would be that I crawled out to find my presents. I made coffee and lounged all morning. I sent many wishes off online so that friends and family would wake up with greetings.

The DFAC has new decorations that were put up overnight. I found Santa's sleigh and reindeer to be particularly amusing. I recall an episode of South Park where Santa was shot down over Baghdad. We had all the fixins' of a traditional Christmas dinner. Since the day is still going, I'll eat my holiday supper twice. There isn't anything going on with my team today. We are just relaxing and enjoying the day.

To all my family and friends - I miss you all and love you. I am home in spirit and feel your love from a distance. 2008 is almost here. I'll see you all soon.

Merry Christmas from Camp Liberty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing a safe, peaceful, and merry Christmas to you and all your fellow military. Thank you for serving your country.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to all of you! My hope is to see you all blessed with good health, wealth and heartfelt wishes for a safe and happy holiday!

Christy

Anonymous said...

i have no idea why but i'm in tears. i'm trying to join the military now, but there are some obstacles. i wish i could change places with you.