Saturday, December 15, 2007

13 December 2007: "But today IS Thursday"

Ah, the holidays..... Decorations are displayed, parties are planned, families are together, snow on the ground... Uh, wait, Dammit!! I must've dozed off. Well, at least the decorations are being displayed. I've seen lights strung in the orderly rooms, garlands in the DFAC, trees with presents underneath, inflatable snowmen, and even saw a convoy of armored vehicles drive by while blaring Christmas carols over the loudspeakers. Yes, it's holiday spirit in all its glory. There are eleven shopping days until Christmas. Everyone better hurry on down to the PX before they sell out!

Today one of my NCOs reminded me of how easy it is to forget the day of the week around here. Several of my team were returning from FOB Loyalty to Camp Liberty and would arrive later today. We only have one NTV so its imperative to make certain to coordinate a ride from the airfield (in this case, they were flying into BIAP). I called up my NCOIC and reminded him to be at BIAP for their arrival. He responded with, "But sir, they aren't flying here until Thursday!" I rolled my eyes and responded, "But today is Thursday." He exclaimed, "It is? No!"

I couldn't fault him. I do it all the time. We got it sorted out. Everyone is back at Camp Liberty now. Our mission to FOB Loyalty is complete.

No comments: