Saturday, May 5, 2007

04 May 2007: Mosey on up to Mosul

My apologies for the late posting! I know just how important this blog is to starting out your day. It is always top priority for me to have a new posting ready in time for your morning cup'o joe. Well today's update will be in time for your brunch. This entry comes from Mosul. The biggest reason I'm behind today is because I was up all night awaiting air transport. Hell I didn't even arrive in Mosul until 0430. Once our contact picked us up (me and two of my soldiers) it was close to breakfast time. Instead of hittin' the hay we decided to eat and perform our inspections afterward. But wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me get back to talking of the 4th.

Friday the 4th... The big news in LSAA is the grand opening of "Spiderman 3" at the Sustainer Theater. It's practically impossible to get a seat on opening day. I thought I'd try to sneak in but no. Two hours before the movie started a long line snaked around the theater. In this heat? Forget it! I'll see the movie eventually. It will be showing every day for the next ten days or so. You folks back home better not spoil it for me.

So where did a trip to Mosul come from? I've got to work to earn my keep. It's time to travel again. This is where the adventures of the pax terminals start anew. Once again I found myself laying on a stinky folding cot waiting on a C130 that was running an hour late - make that two, no three, I mean four.... We were supposed to board at 2230 but it was after 0200 when we finally crammed on board. So now I find out what FOB Marez is all about.

I'm glad the 4th came and went. Next entry comes from FOB Marez. By the way, it had been raining here when we arrived. I don't even have to tell you what that means.

No comments: