Sunday, May 13, 2007

12 May 2007: Joe on Spidey 3 - Thumbs Down!

A weekend not on mission means a half-day for Saturday. As soon as the morning staff meeting ended I told my team to take the afternoon off. I also told them that I was going to the 1400 showing of Spiderman 3 at the Sustainer Theater. True to my word I went straight from lunch to the theater. Although early by over an hour, I assumed it would already be packed and went straight in to find a seat. The lights weren't on and the place was pitch dark. Fortunately there was a Joe there who had a penlight. I needed it to make sure I didn't fall off the balcony trying to find a seat. There wasn't anyone but the Joe in the place. Being that it was dark and quiet, I took a nap. The noise of more people arriving woke me back up. Then the "Anaconda Newsreel"(a video news magazine made by the LSAA public affairs unit) started up.

Ah the movie started. Spiderman 3! We've waited so long for this.... Only for disappointment though. Too many villains - none of which were properly developed - a very lame ending, and the movie itself just seemed to drag on. I'm not saying it was terrible. It just didn't meet the standards of the first two. The "reel" critics are Joes. Throughout the movie you could hear their jeers. Every time Peter Parker's eyes welled up the cat calls started. As the movie ended one Joe summed up the attitude of all the others. He bellowed, "that movie fuckin' suuuuucked!" His outburst was followed by agreeing laughter. I have to admit that the movie was a letdown. Next on my list will be "28 Weeks Later". I may sneak in "Reno 911 - Miami". I'll let Joe be my guide.

After the movie I hit the gym and enjoyed the rest of the day off. Sunday will be a day off. Unless something changes I won't work again until Monday. I may even check out the LSAA pool. I'd be sure there will be so many people bobbing around it will resemble the Ganges. It really depends on the weather. Dust and wind are still the dominating factors right now.

Well if you haven't seen Spidey 3 yet don't let Joe's rating scare you off. Remember that Joe loved "1800-pack" (that would be "300", as in 300x6pack=1800pack; where 6pack refers to abdominal muscles, not beer). Maybe Joe isn't the best of critic. I just agreed today.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Spiderman 3 really did suck. Atleast you didn't burn 15 dollars to see it (my hotdog and drink were 8.50).

Anonymous said...

Glad you didn't stand in line in the heat for this one!