Thursday, May 10, 2007

09 May 2007: Time for new wheels


Good news came today. I learned that this would be the last week for me to drive around my up-armor humvee. Thank God! You've already heard me mention what a pain in the ass it can be. Since our vehicles never go "outside the wire" they will be replaced with NTVs (Non Tactical Vehicles). What's an NTV look like? Well for me it will be a Nissan pick-up truck. Before you get critical just understand that I have to take what I'm given. I really don't care because it has AC and I won't have to wear my kevlar to drive the thing. It's a lot smaller than the humvee and uses much less fuel. This is a big deal folks. I'm not going to be "Big Pimpin" in LSAA. However I will be driving in much better comfort.



News like that makes an otherwise routine day special. It's still a routine day though. That makes for boring blog entries unfortunately. Around here the time is about 85% boredom, 10% routine work, and 5% exciting stuff. I'm not complaining though because it could be a lot worse. For one, I'm not stuck in Kuwait (been there, done that, almost had to be committed). There aren't many flagpoles around here either. What I mean by that is there aren't many generals and sergeants major running around here looking for things to do (or ridiculous rules to implement and enforce). I have a good deal of autonomy here. That's a good thing. Once I head out to a FOB with my team we're really on our own to complete our work.

It's real quiet right now but it won't be like this long. Try not to let the occassional boring entry like this scare you away. There's definitely more adventure and humor on the way. For now take a gander at my humvee. After this week it will be history.

No comments: