Wednesday, May 16, 2007

15 May 2007: Hmmm....


... Damn it's quiet around here. Here at mid-May life has become so routine that it's almost dulled my senses. As I reflect on the day I'm coming up with large patches of blank space. I know there were events that took place but what? Most of my day was a continuation of updating the "Battle Book" and our mission tracking board. I don't even remember there being any mortar attacks today. It was just quiet. So I'm left with nothing to write. Instead I just sit and ponder the day. A beer would be nice. General Order #1 stands in the way of that.

I'm very glad knowing that my team will be busy again soon. If every day was like today a deployment could kill a person from boredom. It would also put blog readers around the world to sleep. I hope I haven't done that to all of you.

I will admit that yesterday I jumped the gun and declared it Dad's birthday. Right now everyday seems the same so I lost track of dates. I had to go back and edit yesterday's entry. I've got it straight this time. Happy Birthday LT COOL!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could have some fun with the local bugs around there. Try catching a fly and super gluing it to a balloon. Then catch another one and glue it next to the first one. Make sure you don't mess them up too much! Now let the balloon go and watch it "fly" around the room! It sounds like a B-52 when you get 10 on it!