Tuesday, May 8, 2007

08 May 2007: Spiderman 3 - Tops in Balad


And the title of today's blog is exactly why I haven't seen the movie yet. Well that and the fact that I just got back from mission. It's showing almost daily at the Sustainer Theater but it's practically impossible to see. Soldiers start lining up at least two hours prior to the start time. I'm not about to submit myself to that torture. Temperatures are hovering around 110 and getting hotter. The movies are free so there's no profit being made at the expense of melting Joes. I'll keep my eye open for an opportunity to view Spidey 3 but for now it will have to wait.


Back in LSAA.... Thanks to our very late (or early, depending on how you look at it) return last night I gave everyone the morning off. I slept in, had coffee, and lamented my extremely stiff and sore neck. Everything here is exactly where we left off. I caught up on e-mail, paperwork, and returned phone calls all afternoon. Then, after a half-hearted attempt at Spidey 3, I went to the gym. Supper followed. Voila! Another day was complete. Let's see... that makes 64 in a row without a beer.


Everyone better remember that next time you raise a frosty mug, bottle, cup, pint, or can. Remember for all of us that are deployed.

No comments: